The Fellowship program runs for 12 months, with start dates in April 2014 and August 2014. Hiring partners include organizations focused on community development, education, health, international development, microfinance, impact investing, and youth development.
Fellows participate in orientation, Fellows retreat, monthly workshops, coaching, and leadership development projects. Fellows also receive career/graduate school support. After the program, Fellows stay in the social sector, find other career opportunities, or attend graduate school. Annual compensation of $45,000 and health benefits are provided by the hiring organization.
Roles for past DC ProInspire Fellows include:
- ACCION International: Impact Investing Fellow
- Cesar Chavez Public Charter Schools for Public Policy: Marketing Fellow
- City First Enterprises: Program Fellow
- Global Giving: Operations Fellow
- Share Our Strength: HR Fellow
- Small Enterprise Assistance Funds: Strategy Fellow
ProInspire conducts a rigorous selection process based on the selection criteria and needs of hiring organizations. Successful candidates will have:
- A minimum of two years of business experience by August 2014
- Passion for using their business skills to have a positive impact on society
- Humility and eagerness to learn
- Demonstrated initiative, self-direction and a “can-do” attitude
- Adaptability in ambiguous situations and demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Willingness to live in the Washington D.C. area for the program
How to Apply
Review our selection process.