What will you do to change the world? And how will you get there?
You’ve got the passion. We’ve got the pathways.
ProInspire helps individuals and organizations achieve their potential for social impact. Now more than ever, we believe that expanding talent pipelines, developing leaders, and prioritizing equity and diversity will catalyze social sector performance. Since 2009, ProInspire has supported more than 700 social impact leaders and partnered with over 100 US-based nonprofit, public, and social enterprise organizations whose impact reaches across geographic boundaries in tackling the most challenging social issues of our time – education, employment, family wellness, health, housing, and youth development.
We engage in this work as we pursue our bold goal: social sector organizations will have high performing leaders at all levels in order to fulfill their missions. Social sector leaders lead not just at the top, and not just at the critical moments. They lead in every role, every day. Are you ready to be one of them?
You’re an early-career professional from the private sector with strong business skills and a yearning for a career with purpose. Yet it takes more than passion to pivot sectors and land a job. To become a social sector leader, you need to strengthen specific mindsets and skills, develop an orientation towards impact, and build your network. ProInspire can help you do this. This year, we have two pathway programs to offer you in the Washington, DC region and the San Francisco Bay Area:
- ProInspire Impact Accelerator: A two-day institute for participants to deepen their understanding of the social sector; gain clarity on their personal mission and how to communicate it; and equip them with resources and a network to explore social sector leadership.
- ProInspire Fellowship: A year-long program for individuals who secure a full-time job with a ProInspire hiring partner in the social sector and participate in our leadership development program to strengthen relevant skills and clarify their career goals.
Through one application and a highly selective process, candidates will be considered for both programs using the following criteria:
- Passion for using their business skills to have a positive impact on society
- Resilience to navigate new and ambiguous situations
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Demonstrated initiative, self-direction, and a “can-do” attitude
- Strong functional skills in one or more of the following areas: analysis, communications, development, finance, human resources, marketing, operations, project management, strategy, or technology
- A minimum of two years of business, finance, strategy, communications, consulting, management, or operations experience by June 2017
NOTE: The ProInspire Fellowship is only open to individuals who have US citizenship or work authorization. ProInspire partners are unable to provide sponsorship for the fellowship year.
We invite you to learn more about the 2017 ProInspire Impact Accelerator and the 2017 ProInspire Fellowship, review the selection process and FAQs, then submit the application to be considered for either or both programs.