The Managing for Success Program is one of the best investments organizations can make in new managers. It helped me find and embrace my leadership style and equipped me with the tools to transform my professional and personal life.”Stephen Alexander, Management Fellow
The Managing for Success program is for rising or developing leaders in social impact organizations who want to sharpen their management skills and become more effective in the workplace. Many organizations choose to sponsor multiple Managing for Success participants as part of their professional development support of employees. More information on sponsoring multiple participants is below.
How to know if Managing for Success is the right program for you (or the managers in your organization):
- You are ready to become a more effective leader through increased self awareness and development of your management style that takes a personalized approach to meet the needs of others
- You want to learn how to utilize your strengths to set ambitious and achievable goals
- You want to participate in a leadership development program that infuses an equity and inclusion lens into its curriculum
- You seek a diverse cohort that you can leverage to strengthen your management skills
Managing for Success participants engage in three full-day workshops over three months to develop key competencies needed to achieve greater social impact and contribute to individual career growth and advancement in responsibility. Participants complete assessments and reflections to increase awareness and apply their skills. They also establish a network of support and engage in peer coaching for professional growth. After the program ends, participants join the growing and vibrant ProInspire Network for continued opportunities for learning, growth, and connection.
Managing for Success incorporates key principles around leadership development and takes an integrated approach to learning. Managing for Success focuses on three areas:
Workshop 1: Managing Self (Thursday, March 14, 2019)
- Personal Mission
- Myers Brigg Type Indicator (MBTI)
Workshop 2: Managing Individuals (Thursday, April 11, 2019)
- Emotional Intelligence
- Feedback and Coaching
Workshop 3: Managing Organizations (Thursday, May 9, 2019)
- Influencing Others
- Navigating Organizations and Systems
96% of recent Managing for Success participants said the experience was very or extremely valuable in helping them develop their leadership potential, and 94% indicated that the program will help them be a more effective manager.
Through the Managing for Success program, participants will learn how to:
- Clarify their personal journey and how that connects to their leadership purpose
- Understand their personality style and preferences at work
- Build awareness of emotional intelligence and how it impacts their leadership
- Increase their ability to effectively communicate and delegate to others
- Practice coaching and feedback skills to guide and motivate others
- Develop skills to increase influence with stakeholders and staff at all levels
- Learn how to navigate complex dynamics in organizations and systems
Registration for the Spring 2019 Managing for Success cohort is closed. Registration for the Fall 2019 cohort will open in July 2019. Sign up for our newsletter to receive program updates and the registration link when it becomes available.
Applications Open: December 5, 2018
Early Bird Application Deadline: January 31, 2019 ($100 discount)
Regular Application Deadline: February 28, 2019
- Responsibility for managing people, projects, funders, budgets, stakeholders, or teams
- Commitment to developing themselves and their organizations
- Approval from managers to be out of the office for the full-day workshops during the program
- $950 – budgets above $5 million
- $850 – budgets between $2-5 million
- $750 – budgets below $2 million
- $500 – without organizational assistance
- $100 early bird discount on all rates, sign-up by Jan 31
*Per participant, based on organizational budget. 50% of the costs to deliver Managing for Success are covered by the program fee. The remainder is subsidized through generous support from the American Express Foundation. Some scholarship funding is available.
Payment Options: Program fees are due upon registration. Payments can be made via credit card or via invoice sent to your organization. Limited scholarships are available for individuals who are interested in funding their own participation in the program if their organization is unable to sponsor them.
Sponsoring Participants From Your Organization
Many organizations choose to sponsor multiple Managing for Success participants as part of their professional development support of employees. Feedback from partners indicate that having multiple participants together adds significant value to the organization. Each organization can send up to four participants per cohort. If your organization is interested in sponsoring multiple participants, please contact Ashlynn Polanco ([email protected]).