“The Managing for Success Program is one of the best investments organizations can make in new managers. It helped me find and embrace my leadership style and equipped me with the tools to transform my professional and personal life.”
– Stephen Alexander, Management Fellow
Are you a new or emerging manager who cares about driving social impact? Do you have responsibility for managing people, projects, funders, budgets, stakeholders, or teams? Are you interested in sharpening your management skills and becoming more effective in your role? Do you want to collaborate with peers who can relate to the challenges you face?
Managing for Success is ProInspire’s innovative leadership development program focused on three key areas – Managing Self, Managing Individuals, and Managing in Organizations.
Download the 2019 Managing for Success overview
Managing for Success participants engage in three full-day workshops to develop key competencies.. Participants complete assessments and reflection to increase awareness and apply their skills. They also establish a network of support and engage in peer coaching for professional growth. After the program ends, participants join ProInspire’s growing and vibrant alumni community.
Managing for Success was developed to incorporate key principles around leadership development and takes an integrated approach to learning. Managing for Success focuses on three areas:
Workshop 1: Managing Self (Thursday, March 14, 2019)
- Personal Mission
- Myers Brigg Type Indicator (MBTI)
Workshop 2: Managing Individuals (Thursday, April 11, 2019)
- Emotional Intelligence
- Feedback and Coaching
Workshop 3: Managing Organizations (Thursday, May 9, 2019)
- Influencing Others
- Navigating organizations and systems
- Clarify their personal journey and how that connects to their leadership purpose
- Understand their personality style and preferences at work
- Build awareness of emotional intelligence and how it impacts their leadership
- Increase ability to effectively communicate and delegate to others
- Practice coaching and feedback skills to guide and motivate others
- Develop skills to increase influence with stakeholders and staff at all levels
- Learn how to navigate complex dynamics in organizations and systems
DC Fall Cohort
Applications Open: December 5, 2018
Early Bird Application Deadline: January 31, 2019 ($100 discount)
Regular Application Deadline: February 15, 2019
50% of the costs to run Managing for Success are covered by the program fee. The remainder is subsidized through generous support from American Express. Some scholarship funding is available.
Registration Fee (per attendee, based on organizational budget):
- $950 – budgets above $5 million
- $850 – budgets between $2-5 million
- $750 – budgets below $2 million
- $500 – without organizational assistance
- $100 early bird discount on all rates, sign-up by Jan 31
Payment Processing: The program fee is due upon your registration.
Payment Options: You have the option to pay via credit card or choose to have your organization be invoiced for the costs of the program. There is a limited amount of scholarships available for registrants interested in participating in the program but are unable to get sponsored by their organization.
Participants should have:
• Responsibility for managing people, projects, funders, budgets, stakeholders, or teams
• Commitment to developing themselves and their organizations
• Commitment from their manager to be out of the office for the full-day workshops during the program
Sponsoring Managing for Success Participants From Your Organization
Many organizations choose to sponsor multiple Managing for Success participants as part of their professional development support of employees. Feedback from partners indicate that having multiple participants together adds significant value to the organization. Each organization can send up to 4 participants per cohort. If your organization is interested in sponsoring multiple participants, please contact Ashlynn Polanco ([email protected]).
Participants should submit their application through our website at https://www.proinspire.org/training/m4sregistration/.