ProInspire Job Opportunities
No Job Opportunities available at the time.
ProInspire envisions an equitable and just society — free of systemic oppression, where all people thrive. Our mission is to activate leaders at all levels to accelerate equity at the individual, organizational, and systems levels. Rooted in the belief that leadership and equity are key to the systems change needed to advance impact, we design and deliver cohort programs, fellowships, workshops, coaching, research, and convenings. Our goal is for individuals at all levels in the social sector to have the competencies, confidence, and connections to accelerate equity and leadership.
Founded in 2009 and based in Washington, D.C., ProInspire runs programs in multiple cities across the United States. We partner with leading local, national, and international nonprofits, including the Center for Nonprofit Advancement, Communities in Schools, Share Our Strength, and more. ProInspire’s funders include Annie E. Casey Foundation, American Express, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Borealis Philanthropy, Hewlett Foundation, and Kresge Foundation. ProInspire was named by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of 7 Nonprofits to Watch in 2015, and as a Top-Rated Nonprofit from 2015 to 2018.
In 2015, we began internal work to advance race equity, which has resulted in shifts around how we approach our work. This work is ongoing and we updated our theory of change and strategies in 2019:
- Support Individuals: Includes the ProInspire Leadership Institute and Coaching for Impact programs that individuals can enroll in directly.
- Strengthen Organizations: Includes workshops we customize for organizations, leveraging our curriculum focused on leadership, management, and race equity. In addition, partnerships with foundations for capacity building programs (such as race equity cohorts for staff and Board).
- Influence and Equip the Social Sector: This includes the launch of Equity in the Center to provide resources and convenings around building a race equity culture. We also create and curate research, write, and speak on topics related to equity and leadership, including the development of a Competency Model for Social Impact with an equity lens (forthcoming in 2020).
- Equity: In order to change systems and maximize social impact, we need leadership at all levels to champion equity first. We are committed to building an equity culture internally and aspire to make equity a non-negotiable core value of the social sector through our work.
- Authenticity: The best work happens when individuals can be their whole selves and operate at their learning edge. We work to build a culture that supports authenticity and growth. We hold ourselves accountable to our stakeholders, embrace wins & challenges in full transparency.
- Collaboration: We deliver the most progress towards our mission when we collaborate with each other and with our partners. We seek out diverse perspectives and incorporate them into our practice and decisions. We strive to be a respectful and fair partner to our stakeholders.
- Courage: It takes courage to reimagine leadership at all levels and disrupt systems that perpetuate inequity. We ask questions to challenge the status quo and engage with our stakeholders. We acknowledge our limitations with humility, and we fail forward through a process of continuous learning.
Our Work Culture
At ProInspire, we believe that people are the most important asset to delivering our mission and we strive to make ProInspire a great, collaborative place to work. We are a small team that believes in flexibility, autonomy, and trust to achieve our goals.
All full-time staff members at ProInspire receive:
- Flexible hours (typically 35-50 hours per week): Because we are committed to authenticity and balance, employees are free to work when they want, as long as they meet their objectives.
- Unlimited vacation time and working remotely: You will have the ability to manage your schedule, including working from home and taking unlimited vacation time.
- Robust health benefits package and a professional development budget