The ProInspire Leadership Institute: Managing People and Power (or PLI) is a three-day immersive, virtual workshop designed to engage people and project managers in ProInpsire’s leading self and people practices for Race Equity Impact. Prepare to explore and deepen your racial equity analysis and practice with the practical tools and strategies to shift your mindset to accelerate racial equity in your role.
Over the course of three days, participants will build connections and relationships with other social impact leaders while engaging in targeted learning, sharing, and skills building.
PLI has encouraged me to think more about how I can support my colleagues on my team to develop through feedback and coaching. Both personally and professionally, the PLI program has driven me to be a more effective listener and help others solve their problems.
You should register if:
- You want to participate in a leadership development program that infuses a racial equity lens into its curriculum
- You want to become a more effective leader and increase your self-awareness
- Develop your leadership style to take a personalized approach to meet the needs of others within your sphere of influence
- You are managing people or projects and want to build authentic, impactful connections in virtual space with one another
- You enjoy exploring various digital tools and using virtual platforms for learning, reflection, and interaction
- Having a mix of in-session and before/after session learning opportunities energizes you
- You are looking for a blend of analysis and action steps to apply in your day to day work
2022 Training Dates
30 seats per workshop I 11:00-3:00 PM EST daily
- April 13-15: Managing People & Power
- June 15-17: New! Managing People & Power Fellowship for BIPOC Emerging Leaders *application/selection process
- September 14-16: Managing People & Power
- November 2-4: Managing People & Power
ProInspire Leadership Institute (PLI) participants will engage in three consecutive full-day virtual workshops to develop key competencies and core skills needed to achieve greater social impact and further advance individual career growth. Participants are from all levels within an organization and serve in different roles.
During the immersive, they will establish a network of support and engage with their peers in coaching and skill practice. After the program ends, participants will have the option to participate in webinars on leadership development topics and join the growing and vibrant ProInspire Network for continued opportunities for learning, growth, and connection.
The PLI Workshop is a three-day intensive that is open to people and project managers of all backgrounds. The curriculum is designed to reflect the opportunities that come with having a multi-racial space where people can connect with others who hold different identities. We are excited to offer the PLI Workshop three times in 2022. Registration is open and available first-come, first-serve with fees offered at a sliding scale based on organizational budget.
PLI BIPOC Fellowship
The inaugural PLI Fellowship for 2022 is a program designed specifically for emerging leaders who are Black, Indigenous, and/or People of Color. Similar to the Workshop, this will be held over the course of three days. It will be offered one time in 2022. Participants in this space will have curriculum tailored to processing the experience of being a manager of color. We hope to offer a space where participants can work with others who are also navigating dynamics of privilege and power while holding a marginalized racial identity.
- Greater clarity on who you are as an individual and as a leader and a better understanding of how that influences your approach to your work
- Building increased emotional agility, trust, and authenticity in your role as a manager
- Exploring and practicing communication practices like feedback to positively shift others experiences in equitable ways
- Building a network of peers to support professional growth and cross-sector learning
PLI impacted me by connecting me to a room of valuable and diverse professionals in a space that really allowed us to build fruitful and lasting relationships that would otherwise not organically occur.
PLI General Workshops
Fee structure is on a sliding scale based on your organization’s annual budget.
- $600 (rate per participant from organizations with a budget of 5 million+)
- $475 (rate per participant from organizations with a budget of 2.5-5 million)
- $400 (rate per participant from organizations with a budget less than 2.5 million)
- $325 (rate per participant from unaffiliated organizations; *scholarship code needed)
- $250 (alumni rate; discount code needed)
For applicants to the PLI Fellowship, payment will not be due until your application has been reviewed and accepted. Fees start at $75 for selected applicants. PLI Fellowship is subsidized by the generous support of American Express.
Payment Options: Program fees for PLI Workshops are due upon registration. Payments can be made via credit card.
Sponsoring Participants From Your Organization
Many organizations choose to sponsor multiple PLI participants as part of their professional development support of employees. Feedback from partners indicates that having multiple participants attend together adds significant value to the organization. If your organization is interested in sponsoring multiple participants, please contact Neriel David Ponce at [email protected]